Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Muse Challenge 94: Marion Vagg



Hello Everyone,
It is great to be writing this blog post! I posted awhile ago that I would absent from blogland - we had a flood in our basement and I had to pack up my craftroom and move things into a pod that has been living in the driveway. Finally, The basement is pretty much done and I have my craft space partially set up - I retrieved the necessities from the pod, as I just couldn't wait. So, I had enough of my stamping "schtuff" to make a card or two. They are moving the rest of the things from the pod back in later today - Yay!

At any rate, when I saw the Muse inspiration card from Marion Vagg, I just knew that I would have to play along. Here is Marion's card:

I Love the die cut sentiment and the soft ombre style effect of the sponged balloons. I saw this card by Laura Bassen and decided to combine the two inspirations. So, I created this card:
I used a little Christmas tree die to create a stencil and sponged my colourful trees. Then I used the sentiment die from Papertrey Ink and die cut it out of the panel. Finally, I cut three more of the same sentiment and layered them all before inlaying it back in to the panel. I feel the trees emulate the colourful balloons and love the way the peace sentiment blends and pops the way Marion's Happy does. Overall I am pleased. I made one more for this challenge, but I will post it separately so that I can enter it too. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

12 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't loose too many crafting supplies in your flood - paper & water do not mix well :(
    This card is great - love the straight lines of the trees with the scripty Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is breath taking! I love that swoopy tree shape and the gorgeous colours! So glad you're back crafting and that you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your trees and your die cut sentiment is so pretty! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you used for your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I love this card - the composition, the colors - this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing!! I hope not too much was damaged with your flood. How awful but I'm thinking that things are looking up if your able to bring some of your crafting schtuff back inside. Absolutely love your card! I think you did such a brilliant job with the sponging of the tree's and your inlaid die-cut is perfection. Well done getting this made during your chaos. Very impressed indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve this card!!! Really spot on, gorgeous...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to explain your technique...I really appreciate it...and love your card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use trees in your MUSE card, along with the one-liner dies. It works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card, its very unique.
    Bridget #24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for explaining your method -- I wouldn't have guessed the steps it took to achieve this fabulous look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!